8 Channel Class A + Tube Preamplifier
The GainStation 8 Mk2 is the premium recording front end, ensuring that signals of all kinds are pre-amplified with the highest quality.
Nowadays typical preamps are designed on an either-or basis — either solid state or tube. With these designs the engineer has a non integrated and thus often frustrating choice between a pure, neutral solid state recording or one unavoidably influenced by tubes. While the engineer may find solutions for one application with one microphone, a preamplifier for different situations, mics and instruments must provide a commensurate range of choices—like the GainStation preamps. A combination of 63dB solid state and an independently controllable 26dB tube
circuitry (which can also be deactivated) ensures a complete sound palette panorama. In any situation the engineer now can achieve his goals with one front end for best-of-both-worlds results.
- Separated Solid state and tube preamps. The tube preamp can be used additionally to the solid state stage to add tube saturations, for clean recordings it can be switched off.
- Peak/FET Limiter
- Switchable Mic Input Impedance (200 Ohms, 1,2 & 10 kOhms)
- Custom-designed and built, fully discrete, class A op-amps (no off-the-shelf stuff here). The GainStation's op-amps feature 60-Volt operating voltage—twice as high as most common op-amps—for an incredible dynamic range.
- All switching functions are handled by encapsulated relays with gold-plated contacts.
- No-compromise, external power supply with extensive additional shielding and seven separately wound and regulated voltages
- Lundahl input transformer option, also for single channels or channel pairs
‹1Hz-125kHz (Clean Gain 30dB, Tube Gain off, +/- 0.5 dB)
‹1Hz-310kHz (Clean Gain 30dB, Tube Gain off, +/- 3 dB)
‹1Hz-125kHz (Clean Gain 30dB, Tube Gain 1dB, +/- 3 dB)
0,00038 % (Clean Gain 24 dB, Tube Gain aus, 20-22 kHz, +25 dBu output level)
0,032% (Clean Gain 23dB, Tube Gain 1dB, 20-22kHz, +25dBu output level)
-99,6 dBu (Clean Gain 10dB, Tube Gain aus, 20-22 kHz, A-weighted)
-94,6 dBu (Clean Gain 30dB, Tube Gain aus, 20-22 kHz, A-weighted)
-68,4 dBu (Clean Gain 60dB, Tube Gain aus, 20-22 kHz, A-weighted)
-86,5 dBu (Clean Gain 20dB, Tube Gain 10 dB, 20-22kHz, A-weighted)
E.I.N: 128.4dB (Clean Gain 60dB, Tube Gain aus, 20-22kHz, A-weighted, 40 Ohm)
Dynamik range (20-22kHz, A-weightedt): ›130dB
CCMR: ›80 dB (Clean Gain 30dB, Tube Gain aus, 1kHz, Input -30dBu, without Lundahl transformer)
Maximum output level: +34dBu
Maximum output level (Mic Input, Hi-Z Input): +17dBu
Input impedance (Instrument Input): ›1M ohms
Output impedance: ›75 ohms
Phantom power: 48 V +/-2 V
Power consumption: 140W
Dimensions & Weight:
(W x H x D): 482 x 88 x 237mm; 19" x 3.46" x 9.33"
Weight: 6,3kg; 13.9lbs
External power supply: (W x H x D): 219 x 85 x 257 mm; 8.62" x 3.35" x 10.12"
Weight incl. power cord: 6,8kg; 17.7lbs