Icon Q Control Pro
The QCon Pro is a USB-MIDI control surface designed to control most DAW software with tactile inputs rather than a keyboard and mouse. The QCon Pro has 8 touch-sensitive motorized faders, a full illuminated LCD scribble strip for track names and parameter values, a full LED time display in both bars/beats and SMPTE time, and a whole array of customization and mapping options to suit almost any software.
It has 9 touch-sensitive 100mm ALPS motorized faders(8 channels plus the master), and 8 encoder knobs with push-reset for dynamic parameter control of tracks and plugins. Every channel of control also features its own Select, Mute, Solo, and Record buttons, and the Track- and Bank-Shift buttons allow you to skip up or down the virtual mixer by one or eight tracks at a time. The ever-useful ‘Flip’ feature allows users to switch controls between the faders and encoder knobs for more detailed tactile control of all parameters and levels, while the presets and customized DAW controls will allow for automation, marker, punch-in/out, plugin, and full transport control. The metal jog wheel allows for fast scanning through a timeline view, while the arrow and select buttons allow for clip selection and launching in grid-based DAW software such as Ableton Live.
The QCon Pro has several built-in presets for some of the most popular DAWs on the market, though it will work with far more than the available presets. The built-in presets include Steinberg Cubase and Nuendo, Magix Samplitude, Apple Logic Pro, Avid Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Cockos Reaper, and Presonus Studio One. As with most Icon MIDI controllers, every control on the QCon Pro can be custom-mapped by the user using the included iMap software to suit most DAW software on the market. The QCon Pro uses Mackie Control and HUI protocols for presets and automatic mapping, and can be configured for general MIDI values as well. The QCon Pro is capable of hosting the Umix Satellite 1008 audio interface, turning this control surface into a complete DAW interface/controller combo. The QCon Pro includes a power supply, USB cable, and vinyl overlays to label button functions for the built-in presets.
QCon Pro Features:
- 9 100mm Motorized Faders (8 channels + master)
- 8 Rotating Encoders with Push-to-Reset
- Full-width backlit LCD scribble strip
- Illuminated Select, Mute, Solo, and Record buttons on each channel
- Supports slot-in audio interface Umix 1008 Satellite
- 18 assignable buttons
- Jog wheel for fast search and control
- 6 illuminated transport buttons including Play, Stop, Rec, Rewind, Forward and Loop
- Illuminated zoom key with 4 direction keys
- 9 illuminated assignable MIDI function buttons
- User A & User B 1/4″ connectors for connecting pedals
- Class-compliant to work with Mac OS X (up to 10.10) and Windows (up to 8.1)
- USB 2.0 high speed connectivity
- Mackie control build-in for Cubase, Nuendo, Samplitude, Logic Pro and Ableton Live
- Mackie HUI build-in for Pro Tools
- Vinyl templates are included for different DAWs like Cubase, Nuendo, Samplitude, Logic Pro, Ableton Live and Pro Tools
- Robust aluminum metal casing with Kensington lock port